Confectionery Chocolate Bark Ideas and Inspiration•
Posted on November 12 2020
What's the perfect holiday snack? Chocolate bark, of course! We wanted to offer you some ideas and inspiration on what you can make using only a few simple ingredients. Keep reading for instructions on how to make this simple, sweet treat at home!
Confectionery Chocolate Bark Kit Instructions:
- Microwave: Heat your confectionery chocolate coating(s) in the microwave for 30 seconds and then at 10 second intervals stirring in between until fully melted.
- Double Boiler: Pour a few inches of water into a post on the stove. Fit a heat-proof bowl over the pot and make sure the bottom of the bowl does NOT touch the water. Heat the water to a simmer and turn off the heat. Then add 2/3 of your chocolate to the bowl. Stir gently to melt, and then add the remaining a little at a time and stir until all chocolate has melted. Do not overheat.
2. FLAVOR (optional)
- Fully combine equal parts Strawberry Flavor Paste and melted cocoa butter into melted coating (1 tablespoon paste and 1 tablespoon cocoa butter to 1 pound coating).
3. SET UP
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and smooth it out. Pour the melted coating evenly on the pan and work quickly before the chocolate sets.
4. DECORATE (the FUN part!)
- Sprinkle on the toppings of your choosing! Our favorites are Assorted Rainbow Confetti, White Crispearls, and Luker Roasted Cocoa Nibs. Transfer the baking sheet to the fridge for 30-60 minutes or freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove your gorgeous gourmet creation once it has solidified. Snap into pieces and enjoy!
Recommendations: Customize this bark even further with items you already have in your pantry. We love dried fruits, nuts and seeds, granola, cereal, marshmallows, pretzels, or pieces of our favorite candies!
3 Inspiring Combinations
1. Tuxedo Chocolate Bark
An alluring marbled look created using our dark and white confectionery chocolate coatings! Simply melt both coatings, pour on a pan with parchment paper, and use a toothpick to swipe through the melted chocolate, creating a marble effect.
TIP: When melting the coatings, make sure you keep your first melted coating warm with a warm towel underneath the bowl, or keep it in a double boiler while melting the other. This will ensure that both coatings are properly melted and do not set up before pouring them onto your pan.
Once you have your coatings melted, pour the dark chocolate coating on one side of the pan, and the white chocolate adjacent to it. Use a tooth pick to drag through both chocolates, allowing the white and dark to embed into one another to create a swirly, marbled effect. Before it seizes, top with a handful of White Crispearls for extra texture and flare! This is an easy, homemade dessert for any occasion or a fun activity with the kids.
2. Strawberry White Chocolate Confetti Bark
A vibrant burst of color and strawberry flavor! Create an ombre effect with white chocolate and strawberry flavored white chocolate that will capture all the attention at your next baby shower, children’s birthday party, or girl’s night.
Combine White Chocolate Coating and Strawberry Flavor Paste to achieve your pink flavored coating. TIP: To prevent the flavored chocolate from seizing up, add Cocoa Butter to help with the chocolate’s fluidity. In another bowl, melt the plain White Chocolate Coating.
As mentioned in the previous recipe, make sure that both of your coatings are kept warm until they are ready to pour onto your lined pan. This can be done by keeping a warm towel under the bowl, or by keeping it in your double boiler. This will allow both coatings to be properly melted to easily achieve the ombre look.
Once both of your coatings are melted, make sure your pan is lined with smooth parchment paper and pour the white coating on to a spot on the pan first. Once that is poured, take the strawberry flavored coating and pour it adjacent to the white coating. Use a spoon, spatula or knife to smooth the two colors back, creating an ombre, marbled effect. Make sure you work quickly and add in your toppings before the chocolate seizes up! We sprinkled on our Assorted Rainbow Confetti for this one!
3. Strawberry & Chocolate Marbled Bark
Strawberry and chocolate is a CLASSIC flavor combo and this sensational bark will be no stranger to your taste buds!
To recreate this beautiful marbled look, combine White Chocolate Confectionery Coating with Strawberry Flavor Paste and mix together. To prevent the flavored chocolate from seizing up, add the cocoa butter that is included in your Confectionery Chocolate Bark Kit. Make sure to measure the appropriate amount of ingredients by following this model: 1 tablespoon flavor paste and 1 tablespoon cocoa butter to 1 pound coating.
In a second bowl, melt your Dark Confectionery Chocolate Coating. Keep both coatings warm so that they are of equal fluidity before pouring them onto your lined baking sheet. This can be done by keeping a warm towel under the bowl, or keeping it on your double boiler.
Once you have your coatings melted, pour the dark coating on one side of the pan, and the strawberry flavored coating adjacent to it. Using a tooth pick, drag through both chocolates to create a mixed effect of dark and pink swirls and shapes. Once you have reached the desired effect, quickly top with your choice of décor, like the White Crispearls and Roasted Cocoa Nibs from Luker Chocolate. This beautifully designed bark is sure to leave a lasting impression, and it takes no skill or time at all!
Here is a list of other ifiGOURMET Provisions ingredients that are perfect for decorating your Confectionery Chocolate Bark
- Dark Crispearls- tiny, crunchy beads of chocolatey goodness!
- Chocolate Covered Cocoa Nibs- A Luker Chocolate favorite for a healthier bark.
- Sprinkles Birthday Chocolate Plaque – birthday bark is a great way to celebrate!
- Chocolate Décor - our Everyday Décor chocolate collection is filled with fun phrases and designs that will give your chocolate bark personality!
- All Natural Rainbow Sprinkles- an instant way to color your bark!
- Open Hearts- perfect for Valentine’s Day and the way to your loved one’s heart!
- Crystal Sugars- add brilliance and texture in multiple colors!
- Flavor Paste – our Flavor Pastes from Dreidoppel allow you to personalize your chocolate bark, among other desserts, with any flavor your heart desires! Choose from more than a dozen options- this product will soon become an absolute staple in your kitchen!
- Candied Orange Peels- sweet pieces of vibrant, orange joy! Great for adding texture and color.
- Dry Colorants- A dash of vibrant color, the natural way! Our PurColour Dry Colorants are natural ways to color your bark, frostings, mousse, and more.
- Brilliant Powders- Who can resist sparkle? NO ONE! Our Brilliant Powders can be dusted or painted on your chocolate bark, or can be used to coat other chocolate decorations. A little is a lot with these products- it’s a glitz and glam you won’t forget!
This “Rocky Road” chocolate bark uses our Dark Chocolate Coating topped with marshmallows, Crispearls, chopped nuts, and our Happy Birthday or Congratulations decor. This easy to make dessert can be your next best way to show someone you care or offer a delicious dose of encouragement! Simply melt the Dark Chocolate Coating and pile on your toppings. Can be flavored with Dreidoppel Flavor Pastes like Espresso, Caramel, Vanilla, and more!
This white chocolate bark uses our White Chocolate Confectionery Coating and is splattered with a strawberry flavored coating that can be created by mixing our White Chocolate Confectionery Coating with our Dreidoppel Strawberry Flavor Paste. While the chocolate sets on a lined pan, top it with ingredients like Candied Orange Peels, dried cranberries, Dark Crispearls, and a little bit of Ruby Brilliant Powder. So much flavor and design proves this bark to be a showstopper!
Vibrant and colorful, perfect for birthday parties! Our White Chocolate Coating is a perfect base to be flavored with Banana Flavor Paste, Coconut Flavor Paste, and Yellow Dry Colorant. This combination will take you straight to the tropics! Top with our All Natural Rainbow Sprinkles and Assorted Rainbow Confetti for a simple, elevated look that requires only the shake of a hand. This bark will give a taste-bud explosion and you will sit happily knowing that it took you no time at all to create such a magnificent dessert. Feel like a professional yet?!
Show It Off!
What kind of bark did you make? What ingredients did you combine? Tag us on social @ifiprovisions with your bark creations to be featured on our social media pages!